1. Student-centred interactive teaching methods are chosen to let our students learn in a joyful environment.
5. To widen our students’ horizon, regular study tours to mainland China or overseas are organised.
1. To encourage a good communication between the school and parents, parents are welcome to enter the school campus from 8:00 to 8:25. Parents can accompany children or chat with the teachers or other parents.
2. Regular meetings are held by Parents' Fellowship every Thursday morning to help parents learn different education theories and build rapport with the school and other parents.
3. We nurture our students with care, and joy to arouse children’s self-confidence and enthusiasm.
4. The kitchen is run by our catering staff to provide fresh and nutritious lunch every day.
5. Homework Class is scheduled from 3:40 to 6:00. Parents who are not available to pick up their children after school may keep the children at school. Our teachers will watch them do the homework.
每年參加校際音樂 、舞蹈 、戲劇、朗誦 、數學 、作文 、講故事 、普通話 、乒乓球、羽毛球、籃 球、田徑體操等比賽，獲得良好成績。
1. Enhance English learning
English and Putonghua have been our medium of instruction in addition to Cantonese since September 2007. Native speakers have joined our teaching team. Our students are encouraged to use these two languages in daily communication. We hope that this will help our students cope with the subjects instructed by English when they further their studies in secondary schools or international schools.
2. Drama Education
Drama Education has been put in our regular curriculum since 2009. Besides enjoying the fun of learning English, students can challenge themselves by acting different characters and creating their own scripts.
3. Innovation and Technology Center
Innovation and Technology Center was established in March 2018. It acts as a laboratory equipped with 3D printers and a laser cutter. It helps train our students to master technology and to design and create their innovative products.
4. Distance Learning Room
Distance Learning Room enables students to communicate with the schools from Mainland China or from overseas. Lessons and seminars can be spontaneously shared across boarders online and teaching can be facilitated with global knowledge.
5. Multiple Intelligences
To widen students’ horizon and stimulate their potentials and interests in learning, Multiple Intelligence Lessons are carried out every Friday afternoon. Different courses are hence planned to nurture our students with the goal of endurance, acceptance, appreciation and longing for the beauty of life. Various extra-curricular activities and interest classes are held after school.
6. Reading Atmosphere
Increasing reading interest is our primary concern. Besides the Library, students may enjoy reading books from the Reading Corner of the classroom as well as the Mobile Book Cart placed in the playground. Reading schemes in both Chinese and English are carried out. Leveled readers and novels are included in the syllabus. HTPS Morning Reading is held on Monday and Wednesday mornings so that students can read in a leisure quiet time with the peer.
7. Parent Education
Parents’ Fellowship and Parents’ Meetings are regularly held to share the theories of parenting and to encourage their families to join the church activities so that they know the truth in Christ.
8. Study Tours
Students can immerse themselves into different cultural contexts and possess a holistic global vision in study tours. Study tours were held to Beijing, Suzhou, Shanghai, Jinan, Taipei, Canada and Australia.
Besides 24 classrooms, there are School Hall, Covered Playground, Podium Garden, Library, Multi-Media Room, Dance and Music Room, Lecture Theatre, Conference Room, Art Room, Campus TV Studio, Information and Technology Centre and Counselling Room.
Boy Scouts, Brownies, JPC, Christian Fellowships, Dancing Teams, Choir, Badminton, Table-tennis, Basketball, Campus TV, Arts, Putonghua Drama, English Drama
Shaolin Fist, Taekwondo, Arts and Crafts, Roller-Skating, Swimming, Cambridge English Courses, Robotics Classes, Mathematical Olympiad, Musical Instruments